A downloadable Cosmo-splunk! for Windows
You are a subterranean ore digging cosmonaut. Dive deep into procedurally generated caves and mine rare minerals for cold hard cash you can spend on hot soft jet fuel (among other things!) So spelunk, upgrade, and find the fabled Atlas Globe!
- Blue ore is valued at 25c, Green is 50c, and Yellow is 100c.
- Think about where you are digging: You can only jump up two squares of height and your jetpack will eat through your fuel like none other, if you get stuck in a pit with no means out you're going to have to hold R and take the penalty.
Controls (they are explained in the game too):
Ctrl: Fire Mining Plasma Beam.
Spacebar: Use your Jetpack.
Hold R: Suicide and respawn back to your base.
The =/+ key will also bring you to windowed mode.
Escape key will take you back to the menu.
Cheats! (I don't care if ya use them.):
First hit L during your session, then hit these other keys for...:
Game and Music by Edward Ackerman
SFX from Sonniss.
Update: I wanted to add a couple additional pieces of info, inspired by this game page.
Why did I made this game ?
This game is an amalgamation of various memories of playing old computer games. I've been futzing around with game design for the past couple years, and stumbling upon the game jam page I thought to myself "Yeah, I'll participate!" I've made games in the past. Well, far past. But this has to be the first game I've finished in a decade, probably the first I've done with all original content (aside from the SFX provided by Sonniss.)
This game jam has been wonderful to be honest. It feels great to finish something and all the positive comments have been extremely encouraging.
Will you update the game?
Yes, I am working on a new version of the game that I'll upload after the end of the jam, for whoever is interested in playing it again. I've already implemented:
- Increased size of the game world.
- Another layer of denser rock to mine, with a surprise!
- Two more tiers of upgrades for your laser, and re-balanced the price.
- Three new colored ore to mine at appear deeper in the world.
- Modified the world generator to allow ore vein growth and lower the amount of "empty" spaces.
- Another shop in the middle of the game world.
And I'm currently working on two new enemy types. After that I'll be done with this iteration of the game, as I don't think I can add anymore content to the game without it feeling bloated. But there's always reiterations...
UPDATE: I am very sorry about the delay. I was stuck on a real bad bug but I've figured it out. Update should come shortly, for those who still care.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.